Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Now, why did I cross the road???

Back for another post and feeling pretty excited about it! Cautionary note: My mind is all over the place and this blog will definitely follow suit. I used to hate writing and now I understand why...I could never get my thoughts down on paper! I only succeeded at writing when I procrastinated to the very last minute and was hit with a big jolt of "Oh Shit I gotta get this done" and the adrenaline kick which would soon follow. I didn't know it then but my mind was compensating for the ADD. I was not lazy or stupid, I just could not get it together unless my mind/body was in Fight or Flight mode. Stress was my motivator and chaos was my life (not too fun, looking back on it)! So, where was I going with this? Oh yeah, distractions!

This morning, like many mornings before, I had stuff to do. I needed to take my son to school, eat, shower and get to my father-in law's to do some house repair. After my shower I got dressed and headed downstairs to pack my tools...next thing, I'm in front of my computer working on an idea for my next post! Fortunately, I caught myself after twenty minutes of fiddling and got back on track (and gave myself something to write about too!)

My wife and I have a good laugh with these "senior moments" now that we know I'm not completely losing it. Just the other day my wife asked me to run to the store to get some salad and a couple of other things for dinner. I knew I needed to write a list, which I did. I asked if there was anything else while I was walking toward the kitchen. She said no and thought she heard me leave. The door she heard was the basement door...as I walked by the door I realized I needed to change out the laundry and proceeded downstairs into the basement. Fifteen minutes passed before I realized I had not gone to the store yet. Up I came, laughing to myself and then hearing my wife say she thought I had left already. Nope, I had an ADD moment! It was a good laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like I've got ADD, too. This is the story of my life. Glad you're on the right path and things are looking up. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Cinda- Thank you! Love you too! Your postings on FB always put a smile on my face. Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete